Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Movie 227/1001 ~ Blazing Saddles

Blazing Saddles was directed in 1974 by Mel Brooks. The film is a parody of the western genre and stars Gene Wilder. I mildly despise hate Mel Brooks. People think he is funny, but he has the mental capacity of an infant isn't. He continually makes mediocre horrible parodies of any random genre and people think he is hilarious. He utilizes every lame gag with no discretion or hilarity. He isn't funny. As a comedy it is one of the most tragically unfunny pieces of trash that I have ever had the misfortunes of witnessing fails. My mouth twitched into a small portion of a smile once or twice. To be fair, I do like The Producers, one of the only Mel Brooks films that ISN'T a parody. This film, along with Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, Spaceballs, and all of the rest, was horrible. He uses the same jokes in EVERY one of his garbage receptacles films. If I wanted to hear bad jokes, I would go to the music lounge or visit my family. I award this movie one half of a star and only because of the high frequency of the infamous 'N' word that made the movie more interesting and into something that vaguely approached palatability.

Fun Fact: This film also has the dubious amazing distinction of being the first film to show flatulence! Hurray! Thanks Mel!

1/2


No comments:

Post a Comment